You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘happy’ category.
I love how the stockings look hung by the fireplace.
And I love even more that next year, there will be one more.
This Little Baby #2. Coming in July.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
I was working on this ridiculously whiny post a little while ago about how it was only the morning and we’d already had a day, but had to stop when O had enough of his blocks and was nap time fussy. We went upstairs and as I was nursing him, I could tell he was trying his hardest to poop. Which is good, since lately he has been waking himself too up too early from almost every nap by taking a poop. Seriously. Every time. I’m beginning to think he’s doing it on purpose.
Since it seemed as though we would eliminate this problem today before he fell asleep, I waited until he was done and put him on the changing table. Only, it turned out he tricked me and it was only gas, and by the time he was zipped back into his sleep sack and we settled into the glider, he wasn’t all that interested in napping at all. Instead, he started doing his patented “I’m too cute to nap” routine, by stopping nursing every few seconds to peek at me, then smile, then burst out laughing. It’s hard not to laugh along with him when he does that.
Not willing to push it if he wasn’t tired, we came back downstairs and I put him in his walker, figuring he’d tire himself out soon enough. Within minutes, he had pooped (yay!) and was rubbing his eyes. I changed him, brought him back upstairs, and settled back into the glider.
And then he reached out, grabbed my thumb and mumbled “Mamamamama” as he nuzzled into my breast. He hasn’t really said it much since he discovered he could, so each time is still exciting. And this time, so sweet.
Just like that, my day turned around. In just an instant it went from downright annoying, to pretty darn awesome.
So tell me, what’s the bright spot in your day today?
Today I’m smiling because…
- my sister arrives tomorrow for an entire week’s visit!
- It’s warm, sunny, and perfect weather for walking Kodiak on the beach. (Even though I’ve started to waddle when walking on soft sand…)
- I’m definitely indulging in a chai today.
- Little Boy finally moved his foot (elbow? knee?) out from under my rib.
- My daffodils are blooming.
- I have a stack of library books waiting to be read.
- And a grilled cheese sandwich with my name on it.
Why are you smiling today?
Saturday is our one-year wedding anniversary. I cannot believe how quickly this year flew by and woah, what a year it was.
I thought I’d share some of my favorite wedding photos this week to commemorate. You’ve seen some of them, but I think that’s OK.
Happy Love Week!
I wish I had something insightful or funny or entertaining to write about today, but the truth is, I don’t. I want to turn off the computer right this moment because you see in the summer? My husband takes a lot of overtime. The money is good and especially since I’m not working, any extra income is welcome.
But the downside is I don’t get to see him too much. Especially on the weekends, when he works 10 and 16 hour days, falls asleep, then does it all over again. I appreciate his work more than I can say, but the truth is I miss him like crazy.
So when he decided last night that today he would take a vacation day — on a day where there will be sun! and heat! and more sun! — I was overjoyed.
There will be boating. There will be lunching. And there will be a wonderful day spent with the man I am totally head over heels for.
I am so excited.
I get pretty jealous when I see a pregnant woman. It’s no secret around here that all signs point uterus and getting pregnant is something I really want to happen soon. I’d like to go off the pill. After nearly 10 years on it, I want to give my body a break and see which course nature takes us. My hopes would be it takes us towards a baby.
I don’t know when that’s going to happen. It could be next week, next month…it could be in three months. We talk about it, then we don’t, then we do again. It’s a roller coaster for me. Sometimes I’m up, others I’m down.
So you can imagine the pang I feel when I see pregnant women. I notice them everywhere now. Like when I wanted to be engaged and suddenly everyone had a rock on their finger.
So I wasn’t prepared for the reaction I had when a good friend announced her pregnancy to me. I had my suspicions for a few weeks, but when she confirmed it in person, I screamed with excitement and burst into tears.
Genuine tears of happiness. My heart swelled up and I looked at her little belly and felt just SO HAPPY for the parents-to-be. No jealousy. No why not me. Just happy. It’s not even my baby, but I fell instantly in love with it and could hug my friend all day.
I know my time as a mama-to-be will come, and I hope it comes soon. But in the meantime, I’m going to keep being happy for my friend. So very, very happy.
I’m loving him a lot right now.
I’m lucky to have a certified Top Quality Grade A Husband who never fails to make me smile.
I love you, babe.
I had my cake…
…and I ate it too.
- Sun! Sun, sun, sun, sunny sun. I am going outside as soon as I’m done writing this.
- The 30 Day Shred is getting easier. I’m about a week in and already notice a difference in my arms and stamina. I hear Level 2 has a lot of planks, though. I’m not too thrilled about that.
- I had birthday cake last night. I love birthday cake.
- Yesterday, I bought the CUTEST little outfit for my friend’s son. It made my ovaries dance in a million circles.
- My sister is staying till Tuesday.
- Kodiak appears to have Lyme as we suspected. This isn’t good news, but it is treatable and therefor not something majorly scary. In addition to his antibiotics, we gave him a pain pill last night that seemed to bring him back to his old self.
- It’s not raining. So there’s sun. Did I mention the sun? No? Well, it’s sunny!!!!!
What’s making you smile today?
My finger, while still a little sore, healed straight! And my wedding rings fit again! Weeee!
What’s making you smile today?