Last week when I found out I was working Saturday and would have Monday off, I suggested to Michael that we go visit the place we had our first date (and later, our first kiss.) It’s a beautiful state park with giant rocks right on the ocean. The location has always been special to me, but since it gets very crowded in the summer, we hardly ever go. Knowing that the weather was supposed to be beautiful on Monday, I thought it would be a perfect time to visit.

I woke up on Monday cranky. Not for any reason, just because. I think I even told Michael to stop being annoying.

Later, over my morning crankiness, we drove out to the rocks and sat out in the sun. It was lovely. Michael sat behind me and I reclined on his legs. We snuggled and kissed, reminisced about the early days and enjoyed the ocean.

We were silent for about five minutes when he asked me what I was thinking. I said it was two-fold. One, I was really happy. And two, I really had to pee.

I guess taking that last statement as a “it’s now or never” type of thing, Michael asked if I was ready to go to lunch. As we stood up, he pulled me into a hug. With my head pressed against his chest I remarked that his heart was beating a mile a minute. “I need to work out more,” he said. “Climbing the rocks made me tired.”

I found that answer perfectly normal, and we continued hugging for a few minutes. When he pulled away, I thought he was going to say let’s go to lunch. Instead, he took the sunglasses and camera I was holding in my left hand and placed them on a rock.

I looked at the rock, then back at him confused. Just as he was getting down on one knee.

He said some wonderful things about loving me and wanting to spend the rest of his life with me. I was shaking like a leaf and saying “Oh my God, oh my God, are you serious?”

I was vaguely aware of him slipping a ring on my finger, but I was too wrapped up in hugging and kissing him to really notice. When I finally regained enough composure, I pulled my hand out from around his back and looked.

And began squeeing all over again!

(Also, I completely forgot I had to pee!)

My ring. My beautiful, gorgeous, amazing ring. I cannot believe I get to wear this for the rest of my life.

Or the fact that I have a fiancé. I have a fiancé!

After we were able to walk again, we headed to Newport for lunch, where I proceeded to eat exactly three bites of my meal because I was so excited. I also only slept from midnight to 3 a.m. because my mind was racing with engaged/wedding thoughts.

I’m engaged to the man of my dreams, the love of my life, my Michael. I have never been more happy.

So, for your viewing pleasure, some close ups of my bling.