– Yup, I failed at my own blogging challenge. Last week was just busy! But I think the point was to get me back into mostly regular posting, and it worked. For the most part.
– I’ve been toying with the idea of doing a video post, but I’m not sure I like the way I come across on film. You know how your voice always sounds weird on an answering machine? I think I sound like a little kid and I play with my hair too much. Maybe that’s a big NO for a video blog.
– Owen is sleeping so well that I hate to think about the next growth spurt/teething when he stops this lovely pattern. We’re down to one waking usually between 3 and 4, then back to sleep for a few hours before he comes in bed with us and sleeps till 7 or 8. This morning he was the last one up and Michael and I just lay in bed gazing at the little sleeping angel between us. Saaaaaapy, but true.
– O has also developed a mild case of baby eczema from the dry forced hot air in our house and it makes me sad to feel that soft baby skin all dry and bumpy. I’ve been slathering him in Burt’s Baby Bee lotion, but if anyone has a better recommendation, I’ll take it.
– Formspring is fun. Thanks for your questions!
– Clearly, this is a pretty lame Randomness post.
– Want to hear about poop? No? Oh well. Yesterday, it had been 24 hours since O had pooped and guys, that is a LONG time for him. This kid poops a ton and almost always out of his diaper. I don’t know what it is. I’ve gone up the next size in diapers. I’ve tried to keep him out of the sitting position if I know a poop is eminent. But still. STILL, he craps up his back. WHY? Is his little poop shoot oddly positioned upwards or something? You wouldn’t believe how many onesies I go through a week.
I have this system for stain removal because I can’t do laundry every day with the set up we have. If you need some poop stain solutions, I’m your girl.
(I never thought this would be something I’d be well-versed in. Poop stain removal. Who AM I?)
Anyway, so no poop. For 24 hours. This actually isn’t all uncommon for babies, but it is for my baby. He’s pretty routine. Morning, after naps, later afternoon. Pooptastic. But as the hours ticked on and no poop was coming, I began to worry that it was going to arrive when we were running errands or wake him in the middle of the night by puddling on his sheet or something.
In the end, it wasn’t that dramatic. He exploded in his jammies while my dad was holding him. Right up his back, of course.
It took a LOT of wipes to clean up this one. A LOT OF WIPES.
– He’s sitting and playing with blocks on the floor next to me right now. My little poopmeister baby boy. When did he get so big?